You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Monday, June 29, 2009

Tour de Minnesota

The weekend before last I went on a little tour of Minnesota. Friday I went down to New Ulm with my mom to hang out with her Auntie Hazie. It was a beautiful day for a drive and we had a great visit with Auntie. She is doing very well. She was telling us about her newest grandson. His name is August. She kind of made a face when she told us his name. August is a family name, so I said that was nice that they are carrying on a family name. She said, "Yeah, well, I don't like that name." I thought it was pretty funny.

From there my mom and I headed to Inver Grove Heights to celebrate my uncle's 60 birthday. Age is a strange thing. When I was young, 60 seemed so old. But when I look at my uncle he doesn't look like he should be 60. The party was starting to wind down a little bit when it decided to rain on us. So we helped my aunt bring everything inside. By the time we were finished, so was the rain.

Saturday morning Ben left for Alaska to go fishing with his dad. I headed to Glenwood. Zoey and I got there just in time to go to the other side of the lake for a surprise birthday party for Ben's Aunt Janice (it was her 60th too). It was fun to visit with the aunts and uncles. Later that afternoon Jerry traded the mustang convertible for the pontoon boat. So my mother-in-law and I went for a spin through town and around the lake. It was fun! Although, it would have been more fun if it was a manual transmission. Oh, well. At one point I got Mickey to put her hands in the air and yell (I did too). It was great!

Sunday after church I headed back to the cities and made my way to St. Louis Park for Father's Day. We had a BBQ and my brother-in-law's parents from India were there too. This was the first time that I have met them. They were very nice and we had a fun time.

It was a great weekend, but I was almost glad that it was Monday the next day so I could slow down a bit. :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh how I wish I could have seen Mickey doing that.