You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Night Time Conversations

The other night (well, ok 4:30 am) I had just come back into our bedroom to feed Adelyn and Ben asked me, "Where's dad?" I responded, "I don't know." But really, I was pretty sure he was still sleeping in "his" room. Then Ben mumbled something I couldn't make out, so I asked him to repeat his question. He responded with, "I can't breathe because of your sausages!" Ok, clearly he was sleeping/dreaming, so I just smiled and ignored him. Since our conversation was so humorous to me, I texted it to Ben so I wouldn't forget about it later. When we got up a few hours later, I told him to read the texts. He read it and said, "Yeah? Why were you eating sausage in our bedroom? It stunk up the whole room!"

Turns out... he wasn't talking in his sleep. He still thinks that I was eating sausage in our bedroom at 4 something in the morning.

2 comments:

Sara said...

rofl, that's awesome!!

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

I love random sleep-deprived comments. Nick fell asleep one night while putting Julian to bed and I had to wake him up (he had a release he needed to do for work) and he said something along the lines of "Hold on, I'm just buying the flowers now."