You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Monday, June 24, 2013

Recipe Reviews and CSA Week 3

It occurred to me after my last post about CSA goodies, that I probably should have let you know what I thought of the recipes I tried. So here goes.

Rhubarb Pickles
This recipe I got from a magazine. It was ok. A little heavy on the cloves for my taste. But it was a nice change of pace from the usual rhubarb goodies. If you want the recipe let me know and I will get it for you.

Rhubarb Crisp
I LOVED this recipe. A lot of sugar, so of course it's good. :) I liked that there was the crumb topping on the top and bottom. I made this recipe again this week with our newest batch of rhubarb. This time I used coconut oil instead of butter and added 3 T of ground flax seed. I know that doesn't make this a health food, but it doesn't hurt to sneak in some good stuff.

Lettuce Wraps
This was ok. I didn't have mushrooms or water chestnuts,  but I doubt that made a huge difference. It tasted basically like teriyaki. Not exactly what I was going for. But it was fine.

This week we got lettuce, rhubarb and eggs for our CSA. I miss the asparagus already. As I mentioned, I used the rhubarb in another crisp. The lettuce... well, I've been meaning to eat it, but it's just been pretty busy around here since we got it. But I will be eating it soon. I'm sure just as salad. But if you have a tasty recipe that you would like me to try out, I would be more than happy too.

No comments: