You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Gift From Adelyn

For years I have been telling people that one great perk about being a mom is it is a great excuse to be a kid again. At the park with the kids and want to swing? No problem. In fact, going to the park at all is not a problem. Hear a song and you feel like dancing? Go for it! I love that I can act goofy with the kids.

At the beginning of the month Ben and I were in Argentina (more on that later). One afternoon we found ourselves at a Polo training camp. As we were walking the grounds and learning about Polo, I saw a bunch of purple petals on the ground beneath its tree. I paused. I thought, "Man, if Adelyn were here, she would want to make a snow angel in these pretty purple petals!" Then, "Maybe I should. Nah. That's a little weird." Took another step. "Wait. Why not?" And so I did. My friend Jeremy captured the moment.

Did I feel silly. A bit. Did I have fun? Absolutely! Any regrets? Not a one. Thank you Adelyn for reminding me to take advantage of the simple things in life!


No comments: