You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, June 12, 2008

How do I eat this?!

Last night we took two members of Ben's India team to El Loro. They hadn't had Mexican food before (crazy!). The one lady was super excited to try a taco because she had heard they were really good. We ordered a bunch of different stuff... tacos, burritos, fajitas, enchiladas... When the food came I offered the plate of tacos to the lady. She said, "This I eat with my hands, right?" When we responded in the affirmative, she took one off the plate. Then she held it, looked at it, and with a questioning look in her eyes asked, "How do I eat this?" We all laughed! It had never occurred to me that eating a taco would be an odd thing, but upon thinking about it, it is the only food that you eat with your head turned sideways. It was neat to watch people experience something so different than what they are used to. Oh, and she loved the taco. :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hadn't read this by the time we talked on the phone yesterday. I wish I had, I would've asked how you were feeling.

The tooth fairy was very nice to you!