You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Friday, June 6, 2008

Pay it Forward

This morning I took my mother-in-law to the airport. Since I wanted to sleep in as much as possible, I had decided to grab some McDonald's for breakfast on my way into work. I go through the drive-thru, place my order and drive ahead to window 1 to pay. The worker said, "The guy in front of you paid so you don't have to." I was so shocked and confused and still half asleep (Zoey kept me awake most of the night) that I just smiled and said thanks. It was after I got my food that I realized that I should have kept paying forward... So I have decided that the next time I am in a drive-thru that I will pay for the person behind me. It's a small thing to do, yet it totally made my morning! I encourage you to do the same.

Thank you random person in front of me!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Thank you for bringing Mickey to the airport.

Amy T said...

Hey - I just stumbled upon this - maybe explains the kindness of the person in front of you? I definitely want to do this now!

http://ktisblog.skylightradio.org/main/2008/06/06/drive-thru-difference-june-6/