You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Burrito Challange

As I mentioned in the previous post, we got some food at Wal-Mart. Since our kitchen was in boxes yet, we went the easy route and got some burritos for $1 each. Not that you can expect anything too great out of $1 burrito, but they were bad! Neither one of us finished.

A couple of days later (maybe - or maybe the next day? Time is a blur during the move) we were at Costco and picked up two packages of burritos - one that is refrigerated and cost $2.50 per burrito and another that was frozen for $0.50 per burrito.

We have concluded our taste test comparison... The winner is... the expensive ones! Second place goes to the frozen ones. So, I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.

We are slowly working through the boxes that clutter our new house. I thought unpacking would be the easy part, but turns out it's not... It's tough to try and decide where you want things. Sure, we can rearrange stuff, but we would at least like most things to be where we actually want them.

Last night was National Night Out. We went to our "old" neighborhood for a potluck BBQ. It was fun to see everyone "one last time" (but I know we will be around and some neighbors (Robin) we will still keep in touch with). When we left to go home, it was the first time that I felt sadness about our move. I had moments of sadness before, but this time I could feel it. They really are a nice group of neighbors. And I will miss them.

2 comments:

Amy T said...

mmm, burritos!

I hear you about moving - we didn't lose a nice neighborhood, but a nice group of friends. It's nice that you can still visit.

Good luck with unpacking - we're still working on it ;o)

Sara said...

I envy your chance to arrange a home. I love that!