You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's no Brotchen

Today I flew to India. I left Minneapolis at 3:20 pm. The flight to Amsterdam was pretty uneventful. I had a nice meal and some wine. I sat next to a nice guy from New Castle, England who is returning from Omaha on business. We had some nice chats. I took a nap too. Boy, are business class seats nice! Plenty of room to get comfy.

We landed in Amsterdam around 6 am their time. We went to the first class lounge to chill. I kind of have forgotten that a) it was breakfast time and b) I was in Europe. I was excited to have a chance to eat a European Breakfast. The selection wasn't that great, and the bread was not nearly as good as some good German Brotchen, but it did hit the spot. I wandered around the airport for a bit. Then it was off for the final leg.

This leg was also uneventful. I took a nap mid-way through the flight. I just couldn't stay awake! When I woke up I decided to watch a movie. I picked Wall-E. I was about 1/2 hour into it when they shut down the system because I guess we were getting close to landing. I was pretty bummed. It was just getting good! I'm hoping that the same movie selections will be available on the way home.

Upon landing, we got our bags and went through immigration. Again, uneventful (not that I am complaining!). We met our hotel driver that was taking us to the hotel. It took longer for us to get out of the parking lot then to get to the hotel. That is how close we are and how crazy busy the parking lot was.

Now I'm in my room. I showered off the travel grim and am getting ready to hop into bed. I'm so excited for tomorrow (actually just later today, technically). Neetha and Vaishali (two of Ben's teammates) are showing me some sights. Yippee!

2 comments:

Amy T said...

I'm glad the trip was uneventful - and a bit jealous of business class travel. That sounds very nice!

Have fun - it's great that you've got people you know there to show you around!! I hope your trip goes well, and that your trip home is just as uneventful.

Sara said...

So jealous about the business class.