You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Friday, November 14, 2008

Zoey's Happy Day

For those of you who have met Zoey, you may know that she prefers to greet people with a toy in her mouth. Don't ask me why. She tends to get a little panicky if she doesn't have a toy. For that reason I try to make sure she has a few toys in the mud room with her when we leave for work.

The other day I get home from work and there is something in her mouth. But it's not a toy. It's a milk bone! I look around the floor and there are bits of bone all over! She is really crying, so I figure I best get her outside (but not before she quickly eats the bone that was in her mouth). When we get back inside I notice that her water bowl is empty. I fill it and she immediately starts to drink as fast as she can.

While cleaning up the mess of crumbs (that Zoey was happy to help out with) I found two more whole bones in the closet behind the unopened door. She was probably saving those for later, but I put them back in the bin. I have no idea how many she ate, but it was probably at least a couple.

We have a habit of leaving the closet door open. I had been wondering how long until Zoey tried to get into the treat bin. Now we know. We now make sure the door is closed before leaving her in there.

No comments: