You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tick

Saturday I had a first - I found a wood tick on my head! I was talking to my brother on the phone when I must have felt something because I went to brush my hair back, and I felt something. I went to the bathroom and there it was - my first tick. I hollered at Ben to come get it off of me (I don't think I was freaking out too much). He told me to get off the phone (sorry, Jake) and then he would help me. Luckily, it hadn't decided to latch on to me yet, so it was easy and painless.

Tuesday I found a tick on Zoey's neck. That is a tricky place to find one and remove one because her hair is so thick. And Zoey isn't sure what's going on, so she wants to get up. With me holding the hair back, Ben pulled it out.

Yesterday I found a tick on Zoey's ear. A little bit more of a sensitive spot than her neck, but she didn't react at all when Ben pulled it off.

Due to recent events, my morning routine now includes a clothes check, a full body check and a Zoey check. I've heard that this is a bad year for ticks, so I will probably run to the store and buy some stuff for Zoey.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow that sucks! Is there a danger for Lyme's disease in your area? My girlfriend in MD has it and she's super sick and very miserable.

Sarah said...

Yeah, there's a risk of that. But that is typically from deer ticks and we have only found wood ticks.