You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Monday, May 10, 2010

Where has the time gone??

Can't believe that it has been so long since my last post. Someone might think I'm busy or something. :)

The weekend after the Omaha trip, my friend Cassie and I took a mini-road trip to New Ulm for a friend's wedding. It was a beautiful day for a drive. The wedding was nice. In between the wedding and reception we tried to visit my great-aunt. But she wasn't in her room (assisted living). Turns out she was down the hall playing cards. Oh, and I hadn't called ahead just in case it turned out not to work out. So, it wasn't her fault. And I'm glad she was having a fun day with friends. We did end up visiting Cassie's cousin. We visited for about 1/2 hour then back on the road for the reception (that was in Mankato). At the reception, we were just getting ready to leave when a slow song started. The best man came over and asked Cassie to dance. She said yes. I knew immediately that he didn't realize she was married. It was fun to tease her.

The next day I had a wonderful baby shower at the church I grew up in. A lot of cute pink and girly outfits! So excited to have someone to dress in them. :)

Then the following weekend Ben and I headed to Seattle to visit some friends. It was so much fun! We had a blast hanging with the Larson's. They have 5 kids, so at times it was a little crazy. But the kids were good kids. And they got along with each other so well. And they seemed to like us. Two of them when we were leaving asked when we were coming back. One suggested that we move closer so we could visit more often. How sweet!

This past weekend we had our baby classes. Better than I was expecting, but sitting all day for two days is not that great in my "condition." But it's over.

No comments: