You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Omaha!

Last weekend my friend Heather and I took a road trip to Omaha. My cousin Ryan was getting married and her mom had invited her to a women's conference at church. Perfect! Months ago the plan was for our husbands to join us, but that didn't work out. For us it was not knowing for sure if we would even be going, so we didn't plan ahead. When we found out about the wedding we had no idea if I could or should make the 6+ hour car ride to Omaha. In the end it worked out great! Heather and I had a great ride there and back. We stopped in Des Moines to visit her dad and sister and her family. And once in Omaha we stayed with her mom. The whole weekend was fun. So glad that I decided to go.

The only "bad" thing was that my grandma wasn't able to make the trip. I was looking forward to seeing her as her health hasn't been the best (she's 94, so I think she is allowed to have health issues). But now I don't know when we will see her. I don't think another long road trip can happen for me until after Baby Roy comes. Hopefully it will work out to get a visit in.

No comments: