You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wild Times

I guess there is a perk to being one of the last in the office on a Friday of a holiday weekend - I got 4 free tickets to the Wild game! I was so excited! I haven't been to a hockey game in forever. We had to ditch out on dinner with the in-laws, Malachi and my parents, but I think they will forgive us. The game was pretty good. We lost, but it was exciting up until the final buzzer.

After the game the four of us (Grant, Maddy, Ben, me) went to Wasabi sushi restaurant. So jealous. I couldn't eat what I usually do, so I had to stick to cooked options. They were tasty, don't get me wrong, but everyone else was raving about the salmon and yellow fin. A few more months....

We got home after midnight. Since we had guests we didn't want to disturb, we parked in the driveway. We were sure that Zoey would wake up the neighborhood. But no Zoey to greet us. Ben checked her kennel, but I figured she had gone up to bed. Sure enough, curled up on Ben's pillow fast asleep. I quietly called her name but she didn't even stir. So I put my hand on her side. She woke up with a start! I don't think I've ever seen her so startled.

No comments: