You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Road Trip

This past weekend Adelyn and my mom and I went on a road trip to Iowa. Why? You ask. Good question. It's Iowa. But really it's because our good friends Chuck (aka Charlie) and Michelle were having their little daughter, Alaina baptized. Ben was out of town, so we decided to make it into a girl's weekend.

Saturday morning we dropped Zoey off with my dad and picked up my mom and started our trip. Adelyn slept all the way to Clear Lake (about 2 hours). We stopped at Culver's for some lunch. Then it was back on the road. Adelyn fell asleep again and slept until we got to West Des Moines. We checked into our hotel and hit the pool! Adelyn wasn't too sure about the pool. Eventually she warmed up to it and relaxed enough to splash around.

After play time, Adelyn and I got ready for the mass and baptism. (My mom decided to just chill at the hotel). Adelyn did great during mass! I was a little worried, but there were enough distractions that she was pretty good. She LOVED Michelle's grandma who was sitting behind us. A lot of waves and smiles went to her. After mass was the baptism. Adelyn started to get a little antsy towards the end, but it was getting late for her. After the baptism, I dropped her off at the hotel to go to sleep. I headed over to Chuck and Michelle's place for dinner. There were a lot of people there, but I was able to chat a bit with both of them and their families. It was a lot of fun to see them.

The next morning we hit up the pool again. A lady came to swim laps and Adelyn did not appreciate that. I think it was the noise that it created. So, we didn't stay too long. We packed up and headed out after everyone got cleaned up. Adelyn must have been tired, because she slept all the way to Burnsville! What a good traveler!

No comments: