You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday Adelyn!

What a lucky girl this year - she got two birthday parties!

On July 1 we celebrated with Grandpa and Grandma O, Uncle Pranob, Auntie Krys and Asher, Uncle Jake and Katie and Uncle Doug and Aunt Jane. Asher's birthday is July 4, so we had a combined party for the two cousins. Pranob and Krys made some yummy tandoori chicken. Adelyn and I made cupcakes. She picked out a recipe that she thought Asher would like. They were supposed to look like this:
They didn't quite work out that way, but they sure were tasty! 

As we were singing the happy birthday song, I realized that it was the first celebration without my grandma (more on that later). Typically with my family we sing also sing the birthday song from "Howdy Doody." I was really hoping that no one starting in on that after the typical birthday song, because there was no way I was going to be able to keep it together. Fortunately for me, no one tried to start it up. Phew.

On July 3, we headed up to the lake. There was a party waiting for us there! Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle John, Aunt Sara, Malachi, Simon and Coen were waiting for us. They had games and prizes set up for the kids. Adelyn had so much fun. Well, I think all the kids did. 

Adelyn, I love you so much. You are growing into such a fun and spunky girl. I love that you love to dress up, even if that leaves your room a disaster. You are sensitive and kind. You are a great helper in the kitchen. You love books. You are willing to try new things. You still bring use your purple blanket, but it doesn't have to come everywhere with us. You like crafts. In so many ways, you are like a little me. Happy Birthday, Little Lou!