You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sunday, a little late

This trip is certainly flying by quickly! Here is a recap and some "snaps" of the trip so far.
Sunday: After 3 short hours of sleep, Pat and I met Koyel and our driver, Baba, for some sightseeing. We saw a lot of places. Unique to this trip was the laundry. It is a large area where the laundry is done all by hand. It was a maze of tubs and drying lines.
We stopped by Cafe Leopold for lunch. This name might seem familiar as it was one of the sites that was attacked last November. Bullet holes were still present in some of the walls and windows.

We also went by the Gateway of India and the Taj Hotel. Security is much tighter than when I was here last. (Side note: our hotel is also more secure. There are more guards when you enter. They do a trace test on every vehicle that comes in. In order to use the elevators, you must use your room key. If you take the stairs, you can't get out (learned this the hard way)).

After sightseeing, I took a short nap and then went to my friend Levrette's place for dinner and to meet him and his family. Levrette and I have known each other since I joined GMI, but when I was here last, he was in Canada for training. I had a very nice time with his family. They were all very nice. And his mom is an excellent cook! It was funny, his dad was playing CCR. I told him I knew what it was. The next CD was a sort of jazz remix of music from the 50's and 60's. We talked about the Beatles and the Beach Boys. Next CD - the Beatles! I thought it was funny.

Levrette's niece, Stacy, is super cute. I guess all day long she was asking when I would be there. Once I was there, she hardly talked and was very shy. But we blow some bubbles together and played with Barbies (my favorite!!). Below is Levrette's aunt, mom, Stacy, dad, Levrette, and sister.




No comments: