You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Friday, September 6, 2013

I Miss My Kitchen

I know that I am incredibly blessed. I know that some people don't have a roof over their head or know where their next meal is coming from. But, I really miss my kitchen. Both places we have stayed in Vegas have had kitchens. But very limited kitchens. The other day I thought it would be a nice treat to make cookies. Then I thought about how I didn't have a mixer. No problem, it would be a good arm workout. But then I thought about how I would have to buy sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, etc. Without any canisters or anything to store the excess ingredients, this sounded like a pain. But then I remembered that there is refrigerated cookie dough all ready to go. Perfect! Except... when I got back to the room I discovered that we didn't have a cookie sheet. Or any bakeware for that matter. Grr.

I guess one benefit of my limited kitchen is that I wash dishes after every meal. Sort of have to given we only have 4 spoons, 4 forks, 4 plates, 4 bowls...

Kitchen items purchased:
Cookie Sheet
Pitcher
Cheese grater

No comments: