You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Little Fish

Since coming back to Vegas, Adelyn has asked to go swimming. I've been too scared to brave it alone with two kids that can't swim. Yesterday we went to a friend's house for a visit. They have a pool. While I was talking with Lexi she said that her one daughter they had little floaties and a life vest for. She said it wasn't long and she was swimming on her own. Of course, I have thought of this before. But I have been hesitant since when I was a lifeguard those things were highly discouraged because they gave the kids a false sense of security. But then I thought about how much my kids love the water. And how even when Ben comes "home" he won't be able to go to the pool all the time with us. So, the kids and I went to target and got these:

We tried them out right away. Adelyn LOVES it! It didn't take her long and she was letting go of my arm and swimming and floating on her own. Odin wasn't too sure about it, so he still wanted to be mostly held. But I thought it was great! We all had fun and I was able to relax a bit. We also discovered that until 11 or so, the pool is completely in the shade. That means we won't have to get all "sun screamed" up before hitting the pool in the morning. Hooray!

No comments: