You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ah, Cars

Sometimes I hate how dependent we are on cars. But today I'm just thankful for the timing of an oil change. I made a routine appointment the other day for an oil change. While they were going through their multi-point inspection, they found a leak on the steering column. Thankfully, it is still under warranty. And thankfully they found it before it actually caused an issue. So, so thankful! Especially since Ben has been gone. I can imagine the kids and me stranded in the middle of Vegas... just kidding. Everyone here is super nice. And I've been to the dealership before, so they know me. Sort of. I would have been fine. But thankful again, that I didn't have to deal with a broken car.

Speaking of being thankful, a few years ago I started posting something I was thankful for every day during November. Last year on Thanksgiving, one of my friends posted on Facebook that she was thankful that it was Thanksgiving so that people would stop posting thankful posts. I was hurt. I liked reading what people were thankful for. And I think it is a great reminder to be thankful. Stop and think about it... when was the last time you said you were thankful? I know how easy it is to get swept up in life and not even realize all the good around us. Our trip to Haiti helped bring things into perspective. And "forcing" myself on a daily basis to find something I am thankful for only makes me happier.

Back to my friend. Part of me was unsure if I should post this year. I began to wonder if I was driving other people nuts. I talked to Ben about this. He was quick to say "Her, her." (An inside joke sort of thing that basically means, who cares what she thinks). He encouraged me to do it. He even suggested that I tagged her in every post so she would not only read it every day, but get notified. I laughed at the idea. But I'm not that mean. :)

No comments: