You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sing a Song of Singapore

On Monday (a week ago) the four of us headed over to Singapore for a few days.

We flew JetStar. I really don't like them. I tried to book our flights online. Well, my credit card was declined. I called the CC company and they said a request never came through, so it wasn't them that declined. I tried another card. And another. Same thing. So I got on live chat. They suggested I try again. I ended up having to call. But since I was calling, I was charged a convenience fee. When we got to the airport we were over our 15 kg limit. We were charged $15 per kg. I was shocked at how much they charged! For our flight home I tried to add more weight to our reservation. But of course, their website wouldn't take my cards. Their phone number didn't work. But the helpful live chat person said they could add it to our reservation. At the end, they said their systems were down but when they came back up in an hour, I would get an email conformation. Yep. That didn't happen. But thankfully, the guy at the counter didn't charge us.

Anyway.

We had a great time in Singapore. We were still dealing with jet lag, so we had to be a little flexible with our plans. We started off staying on the island of Sentosa. We went to the butterfly garden and rode on the cable car. At night we went to the Henderson Waves. It was a nice and relaxing time. At the butterfly garden, Odin got to hold a butterfly. It was so cute!

On Wednesday we moved to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel. It was spectacular! The views were amazing. The first afternoon we had tea on the top floor. Adelyn thought it was pretty cool to have a tea party. Then we hit up the pool. That evening we walked over to the Garden by the Bay for their nightly show. The show wasn't too amazing, but it was neat.

Thursday we were back to Manila to continue with spending time with family. I will admit that we had the sterile version of Singapore. But I would gladly go back! It was clean, friendly and fun. I was so happy that we went.

No comments: