You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Long Nails and Bites

For some reason (I blame Hollywood) guys with long pinkie nails just freak me out. I'm not talking about "I just need to trim them" nails, I'm talking about the ones that are longer than most girl's and obviously well taken care of. So if you're not in some Chinese gang, why the long nails? Freaky.

Yesterday I was up at a lake for Ben's team's outing. It was a lot of fun! But within the first 5 minutes I got two bites from horse flies. Within inches of each other on my left calf. And they hurt. Seriously. I'm fine when I'm sitting, but if I straighten it out to stand or walk it is incredibly painful. After I study tonight I will take some Benadryl to see if that helps (if I do it now, I'll just fall asleep). I was going to go for a run this afternoon, but I think I'll just sit around with my leg bent instead.

2 comments:

Amy T said...

Hi - I'm glad you like it - I'm still trying to figure out formats and stuff. I republished it because I couldn't fix the first one, oh well. The trick with tofu is to freeze it or deep fry it. It improves the texture dramatically! (there are deep-fry instructions on the site where I got the recipe!)

Amy T said...

And you can come over any night you want!

I hope your horsefly bites are better . . not fun at all.