You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Move: Day 1

Yesterday was closing! It went fine. I few odd things came up, like our second mortgage (which we need until we get "rid" of the old place) was set up through a local bank. The bank requires direct withdrawal from one of their accounts for the loan... so we have a new bank account. Weird. But other than that, all the paperwork was signed and faxed in.

Prior to close we had our final walk through of the house. Then we loaded up my parent's van between walk through and close. After close we unloaded the van into our new place! It was then that the excitement really hit.

After that load, we came back to the house. My mom came over to help with the remaining kitchen packing while another friend came over and helped take apart our bed. We loaded up the van and an SUV and headed back to the new place.

My dad came by and helped with the bed while my mom unpacked the kitchen. And while this was going on, Ben and I came back to the old place to make sure that the stuff the movers are moving was easily accessible.

It was a long day! I was so happy that when we got to the new place the bed was all set up and ready to be slept on!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to see it.

Amy T said...

How exciting! Is your new place near your old place? I'm glad closing went well.

I'm happy I can help keep you out of trouble!!