You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Heart Ache

This past weekend we had my parents, sister and husband and grandma over for dinner. It has been a long time since there was a family gathering. To celebrate Ben and I tried pasta again. It was yummy for the second time in a row! :) This time we made fettuccine, which was WAY easier than cutting and shaping bow ties.

Leading up to the big dinner I thought on several occasions that this would be the first family thing without Jake. Then on Friday on my way home from work, it really hit me that he wasn't going to be there. My heart ached with the loneliness I felt. Literally. I almost started to cry. I was tempted to call my little brother, but then thought maybe it would be better if he didn't know how much I miss him. After all, I still have everyone else right here, and he is the one that is alone. Well, not really. When you have 400+ friends on facebook are you really alone?

Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting Christmas break so we can hang. We even have a shopping date planned (for Christmas). So excited!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sorry you miss your brother. It sucks.

Amy T said...

I'm glad to hear the pasta turned out again!

It's hard living away from family . . .

Good for you guys eating in more - the menu planning is just another way to make it easier (and cheaper!) to eat well. I think we eat better with menu planning than we did with last minute, dinnertime meal planning. It's gotten easier for me to do, the more I've done it, but it was definitely intimidating at first!