You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pasta Experiment

On Saturday we decided to have some friends over for dinner. Ben decided that it would be a fun group activity to make pasta. And I do mean from scratch. So, while he was out playing a round of golf, I bought a pasta maker. Our friends came over and the fun began!

Colleen was nice enough to take a stab at making the dough. The rest of us were a little scared. But, we added too much flour, so we had to make a second batch of dough. This time Ben tried it. Second batch looked perfect! Ben and Philip went to work rolling the dough through the pasta maker. Colleen and I worked on making the dough into bow-ties. (Yeah, Ben thought bow-ties would work better with the meal so we hand made the bow-ties).

Finally at 10 pm dinner was ready! It was very tasty. We made pasta with green vegetables. The sauce was cream based and very light. All in all it was a fun night, but a lot of work! Next time we are just going to make spaghetti or fettuccine since the pasta maker will cut dough into those shapes. I took a couple of pictures that I will have to post another time.

2 comments:

Sara said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! John talks about making pasta.

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, have to try it. I found using the Pasta n' More saves me so much time in the kitchen. I found it at www.harrietcarter.com