You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, October 4, 2008

On the Range

This morning, my mom and dad and Ben and I went out to the shooting range. My dad has a membership at a place about 1/2 hour away. My dad brought his pistol and two rifles. It was a little chilly, but we had a fun time. I definitely need to go more often - I'm no Annie Oakley! But I did get a few shots on the bulls-eye! Ben's fun was hampered a bit by an injury he sustained while cocking the pistol. Not sure what he caught himself on, but he got a huge slice on his finger. Blood everywhere! (OK, not really but it was bleeding pretty good). Next time we go out I am going to bring the first aid kit. :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

/sigh

I haven't been to the range since my anniversary last year. It makes me very sad. I keep bugging John and telling him I want to go, but it's like $50 a pop. Not a cheap date.

Sarah said...

For us it was free. Since my dad has a membership, the only cost is targets and ammo and he supplied both. :)