You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Monday, March 16, 2009

The Smell of Grilling is in the Air

You know you're a Minnesotan when even though there is snow on the ground you are outside grilling.

The last few days have been very warm. I believe it has been 50 something. As a result most of the snow is gone. Yesterday it seems like everyone was outside at some point. Around dinner time Zoey and I headed out for a walk. There were several grills going. It really made me hungry! My favorite griller was a lady in one of the townhouses. She was outside in her driveway with a mini Weber (you know, the kind that is like 1 foot in diameter). I guess it was a tad windy out for such a little guy. She was holding a large piece of cardboard up to block the wind. Such a funny sight!

As a result of the snow melting, everything was super wet. Zoey had mud everywhere. She was going to get a bath, but Ben wasn't home and I doubt I should have been lifting her and there is no way she willingly goes into the tub. Besides, I knew the next morning she would get muddy again. So, I took a wet towel and wiped her down.

Now, the question is, is spring here to stay? The last several years I have gotten a bunch of snow for my birthday...

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hope you don't get snow for your birthday. Unless that's what you want...then I hope you do.

I hope you get what you want!