You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Week 5 Results

During Week 5 I rode our exercise bike for a total of 150 minutes and 29 miles. And it's a good thing that I started exercising again: May 2 is the annual Run of the Mills 5k run and then somehow Andrea managed to talk me into doing a mini triathlon on June 13. Time to really get this butt in gear! Since the start of my diet/life change I have lost 3 pounds.

Last night I played volleyball. My mom slightly freaked out when she found out that I was playing (concern for my back). During the middle of the third game I thought to myself, "Huh, how would I get home if I threw my back out again?" Thankfully everything was fine. We lost, but I am still in one piece.

I forgot to post last week about a new recipe I tried: Barley and Vegetable Saute from Betty Crocker. It was pretty darn healthy and not bad. Ben's comments were: "I've never seen so many Lima beans in one place before." and "This looks like peasant food." But he ate it several times (it made a lot) since it was low in calories, high in protein and pretty filling.

1 comment:

Amy T said...

Mmmm, peasant food :o)

Glad to hear your back is better!