You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Another Year... Wiser?

Last week we celebrated my xx birthday.

I really wanted Monkey Bread for breakfast. But I decided to be somewhat good. So I tried to make gluten-free blueberry pancakes. Fail. The pancakes wouldn't flip over. And when I tried a bite, they were awful. So I added some more flour, some honey, vanilla and cinnamon. They still didn't want to flip. And they still tasted terrible. So, I scratched that and made regular pancakes. Those were yummy!

Jake and Ben went off to ski. My parents, my kids and I went to Kangaroo Zoo. This time both kids could hardly get their shoes off fast enough! They had so much fun.

After the skiers came home, we had cake and presents. I made Better than... cake. Yum. It was hard to just eat a little bit. Then it was off to Ogden to eat some Thai food. Mike and Nayri and some visiting friends met us there. We had so much food. It was so good!

When Ben came to bed he told me about my present. He had ordered some flowers for me. They were supposed to be delivered that day. He even called to confirm. But they didn't actually get there in time. He felt super bad. The next day, they did come. It was worth the wait. They are beautiful!

No comments: