You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Friday, March 7, 2014

Getting Into A Utah Groove

We've been in Utah for over a month now. Crazy! We just had to move houses on Wednesday, so we're getting settled into our new place.

February seemed to fly by. We had house guests the first week. Neither Ben nor I had ever met them before. Ben only knew them a teeny tiny bit from a group that he is in. Turns out - they were great guys. Peter and Nick are from NYC. They are good friends and they love skiing. So they spent the week skiing with Ben while the kids and I kept busy. We went on daily "adventures" being "all snow-geared up." We had a lot of fun playing in the snow.

We also discovered the local library. Every week they have "Discovery Time." I jokingly told Ben that it was like Little Gym but without the gym part. But they do have an opening song. Then the librarian reads a few books related to the day's letter or theme. More songs. Then bubble time (see? It's like Little Gym!). Then after you get stamps (sound familiar?) you can go into the other room for crafts and snacks. We've been having fun doing that.

After we got back from MN, we had 3 more house guests. These ones had me stressing out. Ben had told me that he thought they were strict Paleo dieters. We kind of eat that way. But our daily eggs couldn't be cooked in butter. We couldn't have chili because it has beans. So, yeah. I was trying to find new recipes that I could make. Turns out... Ben was wrong. They eat Paleo-ish. Basically like us. But, I did find two yummy muffin recipes. Mike, Abel and Allison were a lot of fun. At night we played games. Allison was great with the kids. They really felt like old friends to me. I like that feeling. I was very sad to see them go.

And now it's March. My mom is up this weekend to watch the kids so I can participate in the Summit Weekend with a bunch of our friends. I am excited to get out a bit more. Next weekend Ben's parents come into town. Followed by a couple of our friends. Followed by my parents and brother. Then - poof! The month will be over.

Carrot Banana Muffins I found that this makes 15 muffins. I used golden raisins instead of dates, and I didn't add the nuts.

Zucchini Berry Muffins This one made 18 muffins. I used only almond flour (2 cups). Golden raisins instead of dates again, and again, no nuts.

No comments: