You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Where Has March Gone??

I seriously can't believe that March is nearly half over. We have had a busy month!

March 6-10
We had my mom fly out so that we could both participate in the Summit Weekend. The event started Friday evening. It was very nice to be able to be out late with other adults. We met some new people and were able to spend time with Mike and Nayri, Jeff and Beth, and Hollis and Jewels.

Saturday I signed up for snowshoeing. It was so much fun. And it was a perfect day - sunny and perfectly clear. While I was doing that, Ben went cat skiing. After lunch at the Skylodge, we headed back to shower and change for the evening. We went to the Lake House to cook with Summit Chefs. We had wanted to do this last year, but the waiting list was always a mile long. Our first assignment was to extract the seeds from a bunch of pomegranates. And by a bunch, I really mean an entire crate full. We were cooking for 200, after all. Sam showed us what to do and we got to it. We were almost done when Chef Haru came in and said we were doing it wrong. He picked one up and started to jam while pounding out the seeds. It was pretty funny. Chef Renee had Ben help him make a dressing. He was explaining why you want it acidic when using bitter greens. Very informative.

Before dinner there was a talk from a lead conversationalist. I almost didn't go because I was afraid it would be a little too much for me. But I am glad we went! He just finished filming a documentary that explores humans and nature. He was able to share with us a few clips. Very entertaining. I'm sworn to secrecy. Next year I can write more about it.

Dinner was fabulous. Maybe because we helped? After dinner there was a comedian. He was pretty funny. After that was a musical guest. And by that time, I was done. I was tired. I was uncomfortable. I was sore. So, Ben and I headed home.

Sunday was a chill day. Brunch at the Skylodge. Ben went skiing. I hung out with Nayri. Then it was time to head to Timberline Lodge for a Wailers concert. I do think it's kind of funny that in December and again in March I attended a semi-private concerts for two big reggae stars and I'm not really a reggae fan. Nikki and Damien came into town for the concert too. After the concert, we went out to dinner.

Monday my mom went with the kids and me to the library. Then it was time to take her to the airport. We were all sad to see her go.

The rest of March to be continued....
  

No comments: