You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

29 For the First Time

Everyone says that women always claim to be 29 (as to not cross the 30 mark), but let me assure you, I am 29.

Yesterday started off like any other day (except Ben wished me a happy birthday right away). After the morning walk I checked my work email... turns out the file that I had created had issues. So I left as soon as I was dressed to try and fix everything. Turned out to be a calculation error and a quick fix. The rest of the day was fine.

Throughout the morning I got emails and IM's from friends and family. When I got back from lunch I had a cute card from Karin waiting for me. Later on Dawn and Andrea came by with a sign for my cube and a present. My whole group was watching me open it (including my boss). It was a tiara and wand that lit up! Everyone thought it was pretty funny. Andrea and Dawn insisted that I wear it. Tom (my boss) got a picture of it.

Ben and I left work early (3). Turns out to be a good thing... Zoey has an upset stomach again. She hadn't made a mess in her kennel yet, but she did make quite a few messes outside. Poor girl. Then we went to dinner at the Alaska Eatery. It was pretty good and very filling. So much so that I couldn't eat dessert! Then we rented Atonement and watched that. It was a good movie, but not very uplifting or happy.

3 comments:

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Happy 1st 29th Birthday!! What did you have to eat at Alaska's? Coincidentally, that's where I had lunch yesterday. :)

Sara said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! I'm sad that your movie wasn't happy or uplifting. Those are the nights we turn on an episode of Coupling, Scrubs, Friends...you get the gist.

Amy T said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great day. How's life? We moved to South Carolina at the beginning of February, and we're still looking for a house, so we're in a bit of a state of flux. I'd love to hear how you're doing!!
Amy