You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Sick, The Lame and The Spoiled

Ben appears to be getting better, although, it could be the cold medicine he has been taking. He did say that overall he feels ok, just congested. And a little more on the tired side. This weekend he took it easy.

For those that don't know, almost two weeks ago I woke up with a sore foot. It just kept getting worse so I went to the dr. at GM and stopped going on my morning walks. The Dr. said if it still hurts in a few days to come in again for x-rays. Today it actually feels a lot better, but I think that's a combination of taking Advil and not walking so much on it. Even though I wasn't going for a walk in the mornings, during the course of a normal day at work I walk about 1.5 miles, so my foot was still being used a bunch.

Over a week ago, Zoey started having some tummy issues (due to an ear infection). We usually just don't feed her for 24 hours, but this time she was still having issues. I felt bad "starving" her, so I put her on a rice diet. Then I felt bad that she was only having rice, so I gave her some cooked chicken to go with it. She would get so excited when I started making up a plate for her. Then she would eat the chicken, then the rice that touched the chicken and then finally the rice. This morning we didn't have any chicken for her, so I just gave her rice. I put the plate down, she sniffed it and then looked at me with an accusing glare as if to say, "Ah, didn't you forget something here?" She wouldn't even eat it! What a spoiled little girl!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow, that just sounds sucky. For all three of you.

Malachi is very excited to go to Minnesota this week.