You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Friday, February 29, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl

Last night was a preview showing of the new movie, The Other Boleyn Girl. If you remember British history at all, you would know right off the bat that it is not a "feel good" movie (Henry VIII). The movie was based on a book of the same title by Philippa Gregory. I haven't read the book yet, but probably will after all my tests are done. I have read another of her books and liked it a lot (The Constant Princess).

Anyway, despite the lack of feel goodness, I thought it was a pretty good movie. It's always hard with historical fiction to know what to believe, but most of the big stuff is accurate (per Wikipedia). And since one of my favorite genres is HF, the movie was right up my alley.

It was snowing yesterday. When I got out of the movie, it was still snowing and everyone was warming up their cars and scrapping off the ice. I'm not sure why, but it amused me.

Ben is feeling under the weather. I'm hoping that it's just a cold he will get over quickly. The flu has been going around, so hoping that's not what it is.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I really hope Ben's not still sick when we're there. That would be uber sucky.