You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sehr Gut

Last night we went to Gasthof's to celebrate Rob's, Ed's and Paul's birthdays. Almost 30 of us were there. It was a lot of fun! Our table was the "cool" table - we went through 2 boots while the other table didn't order a single one. Ben got bratwurst and I got jagerschnitzel. Yummy! The accordion guy came to our table (after being bribed with some $) and played some songs for us.

After dinner a few of went downstairs to the bar. There was a live band that played mostly polka. Ben and I polka'd and did a few slow dances too. And boy! does doing the polka wear a person out! When the polka band packed up dance music started. We stayed for a little while, but our party had dwindled down to five (Smeeta, Dave, Katie and us) and we were all getting tired, so we packed it up.

Today I think I'm going to work out. Then go to EB (former employer) to help Ben's uncle serve lunch. If I'm lucky there will be leftovers for me to bring home. (Every year his aunt makes her homemade hot beef sandwiches for the tax people. It is so good!). Then I think Ben and I might look at some houses. This weekend I am not studying, so it will be nice to just relax and get stuff done.

Off to the exercise bike!

2 comments:

smeets said...

Good to see you this weekend. And polka was lots of fun! I'm happy you guys were at the cool table and with the cool people at the end!

Andrea said...

Two boots a cool table does not make! Now, making up new words to each accordian song, that's what a cool table does! Don't worry, next time we'll save you a seat ;)