You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, February 3, 2008

... You can dodge a ball

Friday morning when I woke up I felt terrible! I had a fever and was very tired. I thought about not going to work, but then thought that my dodge ball team would think it was very convenient that I was sick. So, I drugged up and went to work.

Dodge ball was a lot of fun! We got completely slaughtered, but I think we all had fun. We did end up winning the last two games, so that left us with a good feeling. The other team was all male. While the two of us girls on my team are freakin' awesome (evidenced by the fact that most games it was one of us in the final two on our team), I do think that the other team had an unfair advantage. One of our coworkers that refrained from playing was watching and she said the other team was playing "dirty." She said that there were several times that they didn't go out when they should have, etc. She said she tried very hard to keep her "basketball mom" rage locked up. I think it's funny and sad that they "cheated." 1. It was just for fun. 2. We did suck, so it's not like they would have lost. 3. It was just for fun.

After the game I went home to take a nap. Much better! Then we had David and Heather over for dinner (bribe for getting David to play on my team after I told him I wouldn't play on his). We had a great time. We played Scrabble with them. It was a very close game. Ben ended up winning because he used up all his tiles.

Anyway, my fever is gone and I am just left with a cold. Yesterday I slept and relaxed (but yes, still studied). Today I plan to do more of the same with a trip to the store worked in to buy some Super Bowl munchies.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Sounds like fun. I'm sorry you're sick, that sucks.

david said...

I guess I didn't notice any cheating during the game, I was too busy taking hits to the face.

Thanks for dinner! That was amazing, I don't suppose I could stop by sometime to get something to go?

Sarah said...

I didn't notice any cheating either.

And if you call 48 hours in advance I can have something ready for you. :)