You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Thursday, March 20, 2008

7 for Dec! Dec at 7!

Yesterday I went on a field trip with work to the Minneapolis Grain Exchange. It was a lot of fun. We first watched a couple short videos about the history of the Exchange. Then we got to watch the close of the day (opens at 9:30 and closes at 1:15 - and I thought "Bankers Hours" were good!). It was kind of a slow day, so not much was happening in the pit. Until the last minute or so. Then everyone was yelling and trying to get in before close. After close we went down on the floor and got to do a few rounds of mock buying and selling. It was so much fun!

When I got back to work I ended up having to work late on a project (thought it was due next week, found out yesterday it was due yesterday). Ben picked me up and brought me to volleyball... except he forgot my shoes! Luckily because of my foot I have been wearing flats, and the shoes I was wearing yesterday were Mary Jane style so they didn't come off while playing. I'm sure it was due to the "magic" shoes that I was wearing that we won 2 games.

4 comments:

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

So you guys did win - yay! Congratulations! Our guys did too - a Bacos v Bacos final would be awesome :)

Sara said...

Good job on the 2 wins, I too am sure it was the shoes.

The field trip sounds fun, wish I could do that.

smeets said...

Ooh, are the finals next week? Maybe I'll get to watch a Bacos v Bacos final. Although I'm not sure who I root for then?

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

Now that we have the bracket - if you guys win your first game on Wednesday you'll play us in the second one (yes, I consider the team I played on for two weeks to be my team yet). Good thing it's double-elimination so we'll get a rematch in the finals!