You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Can't think of a catchy title

I hadn't realized how long it has been since I posted last until I logged on this afternoon. But I'm sure no one was worried since I have probably seen or emailed or IM'ed everyone that reads this at least once in the past week.

This past week the Texas Crew came up for a visit (brother-in-law and his wife and my adorable nephew). They stayed with us from Tuesday afternoon through Friday afternoon. It was a fun visit. Unfortunately, I still had to work some of the time, but still got to visit and play. The first night with us we went to El Loro for dinner. I rode with Sara and Malachi. We got into the car and Malachi looks at me and asks for goldfish. He must remember that the last time we were in the car together I gave him some goldfish from my purse. What a smart little boy!

While they were here, I had my foot doctor appointment. The doctor was really nice and confirmed that I had/have a neuroma. He said with time, ibuprofen and ice they usually go away on their own. To help things out he offered a cortisone shot. Since I still want to be able to run in the GM 5k coming up, I took the shot. That afternoon I was regretting that decision... my foot killed! But now it's almost better. It still is stiff feeling at the sight on the injection (it's still bruised and swollen, so that makes sense), but the pain is almost all gone! Yippee!

Also while they were here I didn't study... So I'm a couple of chapters behind. I did one today (just finished) and hopefully will finish reviewing it and making flashcards. Tomorrow we have a couple of things on the agenda, but I'm hoping to do another chapter. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

smeets said...

I never got an e-mail:-) I was worried... Good luck studying, I know it isn't easy.

Sara said...

We had a really good time. Thanks again for the hospitality.

I'm glad your foot was doing better, I hope the bruise is healing. Good luck with all the studying.