You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Friday, December 12, 2008

Bruce, Jake and Zoey and the Snow Man

Last weekend we found out that Bruce Campbell was in town for the premier of his latest movie, "My Name is Bruce." We checked for tickets on Saturday morning and the only showing with seats left was the midnight one. So we decided to be young and hip and we went to the movie. In Uptown. Yep, we're that hip. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Bruce did a Q&A before the movie. He was hilarious! And the crowd was great. For a movie genre that I don't really care for, I thought the movie was pretty good. For a B movie, anyway.

Last night Jake came home! My dad was going to pick him up. My mom and I tagged along to surprise him. It was so good to see my little brother again. Dad took us out for dinner for us to start catching up. Jake picked GC. I was very happy with his choice. :) We have some scheduled time to go Christmas shopping together and he also warned me that he will be over a lot to play Guitar Hero and whatnot. I'm so looking forward to it.

This morning on our walk, Zoey was a very brave dog. As we were walking past a house, she growled and let out a deep, menacing bark. At a snow man. She's such a good protector. Sometimes I wish I could be her for one day. There is this one spot on our walk that fascinates her. I can't even drag her away until she is ready to leave. She sticks her snout in the snow and just sniffs for a few minutes. And everyday she goes straight to the spot. What's there that is so interesting? This morning she took so long sniffing that I think her paws were getting cold - she started lifting up on leg at a time off the ground. Silly girl.

This weekend is going to be busy. I am hoping to only work a half day today so I can run some errands. Then tonight I have a girl's night. Tomorrow night we have an Ugly Sweater party. Then finally on Sunday I have a bridal shower to go to.

No comments: