You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Escape

I think I mentioned a while back that we had moved Zoey to the mud room for while we were gone from home. That turned out to not be the brightest idea we ever had. She went to work on shredding her blankets (this was expected). Then one day she shredded my sweater. Granted it was my fault to leave it where she could get it, but she has NEVER destroyed something that wasn't hers before. Also, she would jump up against the door and started to scratch the paint on the door and the walls. But the breaking point for Ben was last week.

I got home one day after Ben. He came out the front door and told me to use that door instead of the garage door. Turns out that Zoey wanted a Mountain Dew. She tore open the box and managed to puncture a can. Turns out she didn't care for MD and there was pop everywhere on the floor. The next day she was back in her kennel.

Rick is staying with us this weekend and I told him of the new Zoey arrangement. He was so surprised when he came home yesterday to find her out of her kennel. (Luckily I had closed the mud room door). He looked at the kennel and saw that the door was still locked. She somehow managed to turn her kennel so the hole was facing out, and climb through the hole that she had made months ago. I guess we will be buying a new kennel soon.

Yesterday it finally snowed enough and is cold enough that we have a slight covering on the ground. Zoey eats the snow every chance that she gets. I just hope she doesn't lick the door frame and get her tongue stuck. :)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wow! Zoey is smart. I didn't realize how smart she is.