You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not What I Expected

Well, all-in-all this weekend wasn't anything like I expected it would be. Friday I was supposed to go to a party at a friend's house who is joining the FBI. Mid-way through my volunteer thing on Friday afternoon, I started to get a migraine. And it came on fast. And hard. I took some Advil on the way home. Got home took some more and went to bed. Ben woke me up when it was time to leave. I felt OK so figured I would go. By the time I got to the bottom of the stairs, my head was pounding. So I sent Ben off alone. He had a good time though. I slept and watched some TV.

Saturday I was supposed to go to another friend's house for a game decathlon. But I still had a lingering headache, so I didn't really feel like socializing for 10 hours. So I stayed home.

I did make dinner last night. I tried a new recipe: Beef Stuffed Bread from the 2001 Taste of Home Cookbook. It was OK. It wasn't bad, but it was kind of blah. If I were to make it again, I would use Pepper jack Cheese Soup instead of plain Cheddar. (Maybe it was blah because I actually followed the recipe??!! I'm going to use that as an excuse to always play with the recipe).

Today is the only day that has gone as expected.

1 comment:

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

What happened today? Hope your head is feeling better.