You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dependent

Last week our flight to Texas was early in the morning (7 am). So Ben dropped Zoey off at my parent's house the night before. While they were gone I was home alone. I kept expecting to see Zoey, but of course she wasn't there. It didn't take too long for me to realize how dependent I had gotten to her being my "guard" dog while I was home alone. (Guard in quotes since usually I'm the one telling her it's ok). Suddenly house noises were making me jump and I was a little paranoid. I have to admit, I was happy when Ben got home.

Our trip to Texas was very nice. Sara wrote a nice recap, saving me the trouble. But since she wasn't involved with the wedding, I'll write some on that. After lunch with the Texas Roy's, I drove to Granbury (an hour + away). When I got there Cassie was a little frazzled... her matron-of-honor, Carrie, had just gone to the doctor's and got diagnosed with pink eye, ear infection and sinus infection; her mother-in-law was driving her nuts; the church wasn't set up like it was supposed to be... So along with her mom, we left the chaos and went and got manicures and pedicures. By the time we got back to the church, all the setup was done (great timing). Cory's sister did an awesome job. The rehearsal was a rehearsal - nothing too exciting. Then it was dinner.

Cory's family was hosting the dinner. They had invited everyone that was in town for the wedding to come, so there was about 60 of us. They rented a big tent for the back yard and we had home made fajitas and all the trimmings. I can't imagine how much work everything was. The tables were all decorated with Texas things too. After dinner there was a game to see who knew the bride, groom, and couple the best. It came as no surprise that Carrie and I knew the bride and couple the best. I felt a little bad winning until I saw the prize... a Christmas tree bobble-head thing made of little cowboy boots. Seriously. (Watch out for those who will attend the next white elephant party with us). After helping with clean-up we headed out to the house that was rented for us. I was asleep in no time flat.

Next day was an early morning. Hair appointments were at 8 and were 1/2 hour away. Getting our hair was a lot of fun. We kept teasing the hairdresser and reminding her not to give us "Texas Poofs" in our hair. The end result was nice. Then Cassie and Cory were off for some formal wedding shots. We met up with her again for lunch. We were able to relax and enjoy each other's company for a while before it was time for us to get ready. Pictures, ceremony and reception went very well. I changed then Ben and I headed back to Dallas for John's birthday.

1 comment:

Sara said...

The Texas Roys huh? I haven't heard that one yet, I think I like it.