You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How Sad

Last night I talked with Cassie, the blushing bride-to-be. It seems like everything is set for Saturday. The only thing she has been having nightmares about is SCUBA diving. She is NOT a fan of going underwater. Cory encouraged her to get SCUBA certified so they could dive on their honeymoon (the resort has free diving). She is not excited at all. I totally understand. I just think it's funny that she is about to get married, and that is what she is worried about.

She also mentioned that her grandparents called her a week or so ago to let her know that they won't be able to make her wedding. Whaa???!!! They claim they can't afford it. I know, I know. There's a recession going on and retired people are probably not doing so well. But, they do have three houses (paid off) and three cars (also paid off) and they have known about the wedding for months. Seems to me that they could have made it work. Cassie is hurt, but we both agreed that it is their loss and that the important thing is that she and Cory will be married. I just feel so bad.

Yesterday I had a scare... I logged into NWA to check our actual flight time. It claimed that I didn't have a reservation. Uh, oh. When we got home Ben checked and thankfully we still do have a reservation. Apparently my WorldPerks number wasn't on the reservation, that's why the computer couldn't find it. The weird thing is that before our cruise, the trip was on my account, under my number. Weird...

1 comment:

Amy T said...

I like stuff from the Big G - especially when I get to use sales and coupons together! I have a printer now, so I've been able to take advantage of printable coupons - awesome!