You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not Bad

Today we hosted the annual Glover/Obert Christmas. My mom's best friend from high school and her family and my family have been getting together every Christmas time since before I was born. It is always so much fun. In the old days it was 8 of us. Over the years it has grown to 16. Yikes! We alternate years hosting, and this year it was the Obert's turn. Since we have a new house, we decided to host. We decided to do a taco bar this year. After everyone said they would bring something, the only thing left for me was the meat. Easy.

Everyone came around noon. We gave tours, then had lunch. Then we played the dice game for presents. It was a lot of fun. Ben ended up with a puzzle, which I am excited about but he isn't and I got a cold/hot pack for muscle aches. Neither one of us are excited about that one. Oh, well. Maybe I will just gift it back next year.

After family pictures, everyone started heading out. I cleaned up the kitchen and was ready for our next "to-do" list item by 3:30. Not bad.

I know I'm a few days late on this, but I thought I would share my New Year's Resolutions with you. I don't usually do this, but Ben did it last year and it inspired me to do the same. So here they are:
1. Run 100 miles during 2009 - While this might not sound too impressive for those that run, (or maybe even to those that don't) last year I run about 40 miles. So this is a big increase. But last year I had a sore foot until May and a house move in July. Without those two things in my way this year, I think that this is a do-able goal.
2. Try out two new recipes a month - I was going to try one each week, but then decided with vacations and stuff, I might not get to a new recipe every week. A side goal to this one is to have better-for-you meals. I will try to post all my new recipe adventures.

Anyway, that's about it. Wednesday Ben and I leave for vacation, so it's been very busy getting ready for today and for vacation.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Mickey told me you're going on a cruise. That's awesome! I hope it's a good time.

Thank you for letting my son visit y'all up there. Malachi had a great time and he still talks about Ben and Sarah.