You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Pound at a Time

Shortly after starting at GMI I ran into a friend, Mike, in the cafeteria. He was giving me a hard time about my burger and fries, and I was giving him a hard time about his salad. He then told me of a friend of his that is extremely overweight. When Mike asked how it had happened, the friend replied, "One pound at a time." So while I don't need to lose any weight (I'm in the healthy range and my clothes still fit) I do want to stop the upward trend. I know that I have been blessed with a great metabolism. I also know that as I get older that will slow down. I want to establish a healthy eating and exercise routine now before instead of losing 7 pounds I need to lose 70.

No comments: