You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bowlin' and Singin'

Last weekend was my end-of-the season volleyball party. Since we play in the parking lot of a bowling alley, we got free bowling. I brought my friend Levrette along. This was his second time ever bowling. He did remarkably well considering. The first game he was only behind me by 9 pins. The second game you could tell his arm was getting tired. I told him we would try out Wii bowling at some point.

Last night it snowed. Grrr. Don't get me wrong, I love snow, just not in October. I'm trying to work myself up for a run this morning. Which probably means I should get off of my computer to eat a little something. And drink some water.

But before I do that, I'll quick write about last night. We went to dinner with a group of friends. Followed by going to the VFW for some karaoke. It was hilarious. Some people were really good. Others were really drunk. Within the first hour I think "Folsome Prison" by Johnny Cash was song no fewer than 5 times. We were trying to get some from our group to sing it too. We had cash offers for "I'm too Sexy" and "Little Drummer Boy" but no takers.

No comments: