You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Monday, October 26, 2009

National Park

October 25, 2009
I was able to get some pretty good sleep. I was up and ready to face the day in plenty of time to meet my friends at 11 am. While I was in the lobby waiting for them, I talked with Roth (or something like that) a guest service person here at the hotel. He was very nice. When Sunita, Hiren, Mithil and Bhavin got to the hotel we ran into a problem – our confirmed driver wasn’t really confirmed. We had to scramble to get one. After waiting about 30 minutes for the new driver to come, it turned out that we couldn’t all fit in the car. So, some of us went in the car and the other two went on a rickshaw.

Our first stop was the National Park in Mumbai. We saw some ants that live in trees. Well, ok, not the ants, but their home in the tree. Some amazing butterflies (unfortunately they don’t photo too well) and some wild cats. We got so close to the tigers (don’t worry, they were in cages). After visiting the animals, we went to the caves that were carved around BC by some Buddhist monks. It was pretty cool. After climbing around like the monkeys we were surrounded by we left.

We stopped through Bandra to see a few of the Catholic churches in the area. It was a lot cooler there with the ocean breeze. And I saw something that I thought was very amazing – a flock of parrots flying around! They were this beautiful green color. I saw the bright flashes of green and asked my friends what they were. They asked if I had never seen parrots before. Yes, I've seen them, but not in the wild in a flock (is flock even the right term?).

Next stop – something to eat! The team decided on McDonalds. If I weren’t so restricted in my diet, it may have been more interesting. But since I can’t (or at least shouldn’t) eat raw vegetables, there wasn’t a whole lot of “safe” foods. So I had a McChicken sandwich. McDonald's was kind of interesting… since they don’t serve beef; they converted the Big Mac into a chicken sandwich. They also had a veg menu.

After that we headed to an aquarium. That was cool, because I like fish, but it was a little depressing too. Some tanks were in desperate need of a cleaning and most tanks didn't have any rocks for the fish to swim around in and hide in. But it was still neat.

After that we headed back to the hotel. I ordered some room service and called it a night.

No comments: