You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday Fun Despite the Snow

A few days back Ben decided that he was going to play in the poker tournament at Canterbury on Saturday. I decided it would be fun to arrange a girl's shopping trip. Unfortunately my usual shopping buddies were all out of town. On Friday night at dinner, Smeeta asked if I wanted to join her, Katie and Karin. Perfect! So yesterday we hit Albertville. They had some ridiculous deals at some places (buy one pair of shoes, get two free). I found a few new tops for me for work and some pants for Ben.

After that we bundled up and changed the group a bit to exclude Karin (other plans) and include James and Rob and we headed out to a corn maze. It was dark out, so armed with some flashlights (and perhaps a flask) we hit the maze. We had a lot of fun trying to get lost and unlost. We went through the maze two times. To warm up after that we headed over to Old Chicago. We were going to get a large pizza, but they were out. ??? So we had some personal sized pizzas. I guess that works. But WAY too much food. But now I have lunch for another day, I guess.

Oh, and most of our snow is gone now. (We only had about 1/4 to 1/2 inch). In shady places it is still hanging out. And we saw a few flakes while shopping. I think we're entering the next ice age here in Minnesota.

No comments: