You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Fun

Today we had lunch at a buffet with the entire team (at least those that could make it). It was a lot of fun. Most of the ladies dressed up in traditional Indian dress (myself included). Tons of snaps were taken throughout the event. The kind of weird thing was that when someone got up to get more food, someone else took their seat. So, the four times that I got up I ended up in different seats. I really didn't mind that. The only real issue was keeping track of my water to make sure that I was only drinking the bottled water. But everyone is very protective of their guests, so it wasn't really an issue.
There was talk of going out after the lunch, but I think everyone was too full and sleepy to come up with a plan, so I am back at the hotel. We've been having some power surges... hopefully my computer isn't too unhappy about that.

So the outfit that I wore today... last night at work I was talking with Sunita about what we were wearing. Last visit we had similar outfit. I told her I was wearing that. For some reason, we decided that I should get a new "party" outfit for the lunch. So we rushed over to the mall. Closed. Rushed to HyperCity (kind of reminds me of Target) and quickly found a purple outfit for me. Then we went back to work. I think we were only gone for about 20 minutes. Nice work!

Today when I got back to my room, it had been cleaned. I think it must have been a different cleaner because he rearranged some of my stuff and put my laptop bag on the luggage rack instead of leaving it on the floor. He also turned the bed lamp on and pointed the beam of light onto a little rabbit-in-a-hat that I have on the night stand (reminder of Ben because he gave that to me years ago). How sweet is that?
Power just flickered again...

Surendra (from my team) and me in my new outfit.

No comments: