You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Closure

The other day, Blackie (pink tail trigger) was not out swimming around. Bad sign. No sign of him when we fed the tank that night. Really bad sign. Ben said gently, "You know that probably means he's dead, right?" And yes, I knew that. But I was still holding out hope. He hadn't been sick as far as we knew so it seemed possible that he was just hiding (OK, not really, but you can't just give up).

Tonight while I was making dinner (bbq ribs, twice backed potatoes, corn bread muffins) I looked in the tank and saw his body. While I really did know he wasn't with us any more, it was still nice to see his actual body (albeit gross) to know that for sure.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm sorry you lost Blackie.