You have to leave room in life to Dream.
~Buffy Sainte-Marie

Monday, January 14, 2008

We found it!

This weekend was filled with looking at wedding and bridesmaids dresses with my sister.

On Saturday we started off going to the Bridal Center. I had found my bridesmaids dresses there. She was unusually decisive and we narrowed it down to two dresses for her and a couple for the maids. Only problem was that the dresses were a little more than she wanted to spend, and we would have to rush all the dresses ($100 fee for her $40 for the rest of us). Bummer.

Second stop was at the Wedding Chapel. We found another 10 or so dresses for her to try on. Again she was quick to decide what she didn't like. We both fell in love with one. And it was cheaper than the others. And we don't have to rush it! We found a bridesmaids dress that we liked too. And it came in all three colors that she is trying decide between (although, I guess if it only came in one color, then we wouldn't have to decide colors).

Sunday we went to David's. We didn't find anything. Well, there were a couple of dresses that were ok, but they cost more than the one we liked. Why bother?

We are going in on Wednesday to get measured and to order them. Yippee!!

4 comments:

Karin - BluePip Designs said...

How exciting! When is your sister's wedding?

I did not find anything I liked at David's...I don't know why, but Smeeta didn't either. Maybe it's a seasonal thing (we were looking this time of year as well)?

Sarah said...

Wedding is May 17, 2008. My dress was from David's and when I had looked, I found several. Maybe we are just more picky in our old age. :)

Sara said...

Yay! Dresses are so much fun.

smeets said...

Wedding dress shopping is fun! I'm getting mine from the Wedding Chapel too! Wouldn't it be funny if they were the same dress? I like the new blog too!